Monday 24 October 2011

Getting in the mood for French

Hello, how are you?  Today I had two young ladies (Genevieve and friend) in the house practicing for their French oral exam tomorrow.  As they were working so hard, I decided to make them food to eat with a slightly French flavour.  I made Blueberry Friands and I can tell you they were unbelievably delicious.

The best way to eat them, slightly warmed with a dusting of icing sugar,
 
accompanied by your choice of hot beverage.

Out of the dozen I made yesterday, only two remain!  It's back to good old fashioned homemade Anzac biscuits when the Friands are finished.

I also made delicious baguettes (baguettes from the bakery) for lunch stuffed with turkey, Brie cheese and lettuce.   Charlotte sent me a text message saying how much she enjoyed hers just before starting work. 

The weather today has turned wintry which has me searching in the cupboard for a warm jumper.  To think I was in shorts and a t-shirt yesterday.  That's spring for you where I live, very unpredictable.

Take care everyone and thanks for popping by.

Anne  xx

9 comments:

  1. Oh my, those friands do look delicious Anne........I've never made them, must get hold of a friand tin. I'm not surprised there's only two left !!
    Your baguettes sound simply yummy as well and I do love a golden syrupy, oaty Anzac too.

    Can't believe it was Wintry down there, as it got to 27 here today and I have only just put a long sleeved top on at 10.30pm.

    The rain has stopped but I do hope we get some more,

    Claire X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummm! Blueberry Friands looks delicious!
    I would love to be there with you...

    Have a nice week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of friands but they look lovely. What a sweet mum you are! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never made friands but yours look yummy so I might be tempted to!
    Our Autumn is being very unpredictable, temperature-wise too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look very tempting - perfect for helping with revision.

    After being cold last week - this week I'm too warm and having to open windows!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of the word friand before - perhaps I'm too simple! They look like buns but are obviously not. - I've just looked them up on Google. They sound and yours look delicious. Is there a recipe in the offing?
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been freezing!!!
    But I got to try out my hood/scarf/turtle-neck/gloves yesterday at the park.
    Most excellent.

    Even MORE excellent would have been if I could have come home from the freezing park and the fairies had made me friands while I was gone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely supportive mother you are. I haven't heard of Friands either but they do look superb ! Good luck to the girls.

    Spring can be very changeable snow one minute & very hot the next ! We are enjoying a wonderful bright crisp Autumn but my in laws in Scotland have rain, rain, rain...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of friands either but they look scrummy, as do the drinks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.