Sunday 26 August 2012

Things making me smile

How has your day been ?  I've had a fab day with lots to smile and be happy about including getting all hubby's work shirts ironed for the week ahead and a few things for myself as well.  Does anyone else have a husband whose work shirts seem to breed?  No?!  Just mine?  Thought so.  :)

These chocolate chip biccies are making me smile.  Not only do they taste and smell good, the family is happy to have something in the biccie tin again.


A little posy of teeny tiny violets from the garden.

 

Signs that Spring is just around the corner, the Grape Hyacinths flowering.



Our one remaining chook, Eagle is laying again daily.  She had a big moult this winter (poor girl it's chilly up here in winter), now has all her feathers and her comb is bright red.


 Our camera is fixed and I can take lovely photos again.  Can you see the spider webs?



The Chinese Lantern is flowering.  Red, yellow and green look so good together in nature don''t you think?



These yellow daisies are a lovely bright spot in the garden and there are more on the way as can be seen by all those buds.


 Marvelling at these tiny little pale pink flowers.


 Loving the pink edge on these Pittosporum leaves.

 

 Discovering there are a couple of blooms left on the Daphne shrub. 



Enjoying the beautiful deep red Camelia flowering in the front garden.


Discovering that having the Jacaranda tree cut down was a good idea after all as it was rotten in the middle.




Marvelling at the structure and colours in nature.



And realising that as I was wandering around the front garden, this Kookaburra was watching me and only noticed him when he started laughing.  Well the joke certainly was on me.



What's making you smile today?

Have a wonderful week,

Anne  xx

9 comments:

  1. I love those photos! The Daphne shrub is really cool, I've never seen one before. Birds can be quite sneaky sometimes, I think its brilliant when you discover you are being watched by an animal, not sure I would enjoy being laughed at though! :)

    Your biscuits look amazing, if I wasnt half the world away I would certainly pop round for some :)

    I know nothing about gardening, I am truly rubbish so forgive my ignorance as I'm probably about to say something silly but could you grow a shrub in the rotten part of the tree stump? There are some plants that thrive on rotting ground and I wondered if it would be a possiblity?

    Anyway, I've rambled enough!

    Jerra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anne, I can just smell your biccies & your violets...& the daphne : ) Grape hyacinths are a favourite from my childhood. Aren't chickens combs funny old things! Your kookaburra makes me smile. Much love Catherine x0x0x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your very beautiful pictures gave/give me a big smile and great pleasure!!!
    Just right for Sunday!

    Greetings to Australia from the Périgord, South-West France,
    karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anne, have just finished my post on the garden.....great minds, hehe...
    Love all of your pics and that Camellia is stunning.
    Great shot of the Kookaburra and I can imagine everyone is happy with something tasty in the bikkie tin.....
    Hope you have a great week,

    CLaire X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some years ago I had two boys at school and a husband in an office job - I had 15 or more shirts to iron each week - they certainly seemed to breed! I love your pictures - especially the biscuits!!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely garden. I get cheeky pigeons & not Kookaburras !
    Autumn is fast approaching here which is fine as I love it.
    Those cookies wouldn't last long here !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Kookaburra made me smile because it reminded me of a Girl Guiding song which we used to sing.

    Kookaburra sits on the old gum tree,
    Merry merry king of the bush is he,
    Laugh Kookaburra, laugh Kookaburra,
    Gay your life must be.

    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A nice happy post!

    I never iron anything - all my laundry goes straight from washing line or dryer to hanger so it doesn't have chance to get creased, Dave's shirts included!

    Glad to hear you camera is fixed, you've taken some great photos with it. Are you going to get any more chooks... it sounds a bit sad that she's all on her own now!

    We got back from Wales last night and I've spent today washing and cleaning to get back to normal again. One more week left before school starts :( so I'll have time to catch up on your western australia posts soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post made me smile today :)

    Your garden is certainly springing into life. Very pretty pictures to capture it all!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.