Tuesday 26 March 2013

Baby crochet

There is a new baby in the family, a great nephew on hubby's side.  This is my opportunity to try crocheting some baby things and I've started on this little cardigan.



This free pattern comes from debscrafts55.blogspot.com and can be found here.  I'm using a 5mm hook and Moda Vera Yarn, Marvel Soft 8ply in a gorgeous blue.  I'm so excited to be crocheting something for a baby and to learn new crochet skills. 
 
 Also in the pipeline is a striped blanket/throw, some little socks and a hat.  The new baby is petite so the little cardigan can be something he can grow into.
 
Anne  xx

10 comments:

  1. I bet he will love it, or at least his mum and dad will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Have funith the cardi, love Aubrey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet little cardi! I love making baby things too - have fun
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colour of the yarn you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous color Anne. So very sweet to make sure the little guy has something warm with your cooler season coming up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely shade of blue, I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colour and very cute cardi!

    Loved the little garden in the previous post too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous colour. Lovely little cardi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks lovely. I'm sure it will go down very well when the new owners receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to the family of the new baby!

    What a lovely little cardigan!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.