Monday 30 August 2010

Attempting to crochet Christmas ornaments!

Now that I've mastered...well perhaps not mastered, a very simple granny square I thought it would be interesting to try something else.  Something small, not too difficult with basic stitches.  Well I have to laugh at my attempts as you will when see what I tried to do.  Beginners shambles.  This is supposed to be a Christmas bell ornament in a  bright colour.  Looks more like a gum nut to me.  :-)

I had a little more success with a wreath which is supposed to have beads in it to liven it up a bit.  I think I can manage that after I find a needle small enough to fit the beads and with the eye big enough to have the wool go through it.  Patterns for these were found here and here.


So why am I thinking about Christmas already?  I was inspired by a lovely book I borrowed from the local library.  Isn't this the best bauble ever?  Love those loud colours!  It got me thinking of bright coloured ornaments.

I love this project to make lace votives for candles. 

Although I think I might use bright coloured paint instead of traditional white.  Do you think it would work?  It would be a bit loud I suppose, but what fun eh?  Well back to crocheting Christmas bells.  I might try hot pink or bright orange next.  Maybe the colours will be so exciting any mistakes will be overlooked.

I have another idea for bright decorations to hang from the Christmas tree which I'll share with you soon.  Very simple, very easy and very inexpensive.
Bye for now.



1 comment:

  1. I think the bell is pretty good for a first attempt. It looks like a bell from the bottom! Look forward to seeing your other ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.