Sunday 29 August 2010

Dressing for the ballet

Friday I went shopping and came home empty handed.  No it wasn't grocery shopping or craft shopping, it was dress shopping.  All ladies clothing stores in the shopping centre were visited, budget and a bit more expensive.  But no dresses.  I'm not looking for anything super fancy, just a nice dress.  Where have all the dresses gone.  You can buy oodles of separates, but no dresses. 

We are very fortunate to be going to the ballet The Nutcracker in a couple of weeks, an evening performance and I would like to wear a dress.  I do have black trousers and some nice blouses but I would really like a dress.  Something that would suit someone who has bit of a blobby tummy and saddlebag thighs

Silly me talking of dresses really when there are so many more important things going on in the world, people in desperate situations.  It's good to put things in perspective. 

The ballet will be wonderful and beautiful.  And the best part will be seeing the joy on my daughter's faces as this will be their first experience of a live ballet performance.  As I saw this particular production two years ago I know we are in for a treat.  The costumes are stunning, the choreography and sets beautiful.  I'm so glad all those beautiful costumes will be seen again.  Oh, do you think they might have a spare dress back stage?  :-)

Enjoy your day,

Anne

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you are having trouble with the clothes shopping, I have to admit it's one thing I hate doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can't stand it when I need something and can't find it. Or I find it, but can't afford it! Yucks...

    Those are some talented children! I think the costumes are very creative. Enjoy your week Anne....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.