Saturday 19 February 2011

Masked

The past week has been a busy one with relatives from interstate staying a few days and  making preparations for Miss G.'s school Formal.  A Formal is a bit like an American school Prom.  We had the shoes, the dress, the makeup, the bag, the hair appointment, all we needed was a mask as the theme was Masquerade.  We could have bought a mask but what would be the fun in that and I really didn't want to pay a lot of money for something that would only be used once.  So we found some basics masks from a $2.00 dollar shop and I set to work to make not one but three masks.  One for Miss G., one for my nephew who was partnering Miss G. to the Formal and one for Miss G.'s friend.  Here is what I came up with.

These are the materials I used to make for Miss G.'s friends mask.
This is the end result.  Buttons were an absolute must on this mask as requested by the wearer.
 Miss G. painted the design she wanted on her mask and I then added glue, lots of glitter and some little rhinestones.
 For my nephew's mask I used some silver thread ric-rac and a couple of rhinestones. 
  They were really happy with their masks which looked fantastic when worn.  Sorry I can't show you the photos of them.  Just being protective.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend,

Anne  xx

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant results. Simple solution. Much more fun than buying ready made ones. They remind me of venetian masks. I hope they all have/had a wonderful time! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant!!! love them Anne, I really love Miss G's one with the flourish design, lovely with the glitter and rhinestones too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.