Yesterday I had the urge to make something on the sewing machine and decided on a new cushion cover for one of the many cushions that sit on my bed. The current covers are 12 years old, so I think a change might be needed. I chose some fabrics from my stash and came up with this.
The reverse side of the cushion is made from this large polka dot fabric which I love as much as the front fabric.
I decided I would hand sew the buttonholes. Although I can do it on my machine, it's difficult and I rather like sitting down doing something by hand. I chose some pretty buttons from my stash to complete the cover.
The machine sewing is not great close up as I had a problem with the needle. I didn't realise that part of the point had broken off and wondered why the fabric kept pulling. After I changed the needle, all was well.
Have a wonderful day,