Wednesday 26 September 2012

Milestones

A few milestones are happening in our household during the of month of September.  One is to do with age and the other with marriage.  On the 27th of September, tomorrow, hubby and I will have been married for 25 years.  It seems incredible that we have been married for 25 years and I can honestly say that we are truly happy.  Hubby is my soul mate, best friend and that's a wonderful thing to say about your partner in life.  On Saturday we are going to a lovely restaurant down on the Mornington Peninsula to celebrate.

The other milestone, the age one was celebrated last week.  My oh my, I have been spoilt rotten by my beautiful family and friends.  I had simply the most enjoyable day and then on Saturday.  My gorgeous sister hosted a family celebration at her house.  Considering she is studying part time, working part time, has two enthusiastic and energetic teenagers and is extremely busy, I really appreciate the effort she, my brother-in-law and my nephew and niece went to on my behalf.  Thank you so much.

I hope you won't mind me sharing this special time with you with some photos.

My good friend Jan gave me this beautiful Azalea which is now planted in the garden.


Hubby had these gorgeous flowers delivered.



 He also spoilt me with this delicious box of super yummy chocolates.



My girls spoilt me too.  Genevieve gave me a voucher for a massage, what bliss!

 Charlotte blew my away by giving me these.



Derwent  watercolour pencils, the ultimate luxury for artists.  Look at all those glorious colours.  I can't wait to get sketching using these.


Genevieve was snapping photos while I was opening this gift.  The girls had never heard me squeal quite like it before, I felt like at little girl on Christmas morning.  And you can see by the crazy expression on my face how excited I was.  I must admit to having a few tears and cuddles with Charlotte as I was so overwhelmed by her very thoughtful gift.


Hubby REALLY spoilt me with this ring bought in Abu Dhabi on our way home from Europe a combination birthday/anniversary present.  I can't believe how beautiful it is.  Thank you darling.



My sister and brother-in-law gave me some most luxurious Crabtree & Evelyn foot care products and a gold chain anklet.  My brother and sister-in-law gave me a bottle of Channel No. 5, my favourite perfume.  Blogger is misbehaving and the photos won't paste the right way up.  Grrrr.  Dad and Mum gave me a gift of money with which I have bought some gorgeous books.  I'm waiting for a delivery from Book Depository and then I'll share them with you.  Hubby's siblings have given me a gift of money with which I am going to buy an easel for painting my oils which I will also share with you later.

I have been spoilt beyond words but the greatest gift I have been given is the gift of love shown to me by my hubby, daughters,  family and friends.  A special thank you goes to my big brother in the west who I miss so very much and understands me so well.  Thanks cob for always being there for me.  Love that limerick.  :) 

This is just a small selection of the delicious food my sister and sister-in-law had prepared.  The main meal was scrumptious and plentiful.  The house was decorated beautifully, thanks kids for blowing up all those balloons.  Vintage china was used and glasses of bubbly enjoyed.


I have tried and tried to get the photo below to turn the right way to no avail.  I'm using a new laptop and I've yet to work out what I need to do.  Any suggestions as to what blogger is doing here?

Just look at these birthday cakes.  Absolutely delicious mini carrot cakes in the most gorgeous vintage paper cases and topped by sparklers with the number 50 of course.




And because it is our 25th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow, just for fun I've posted a photo of what I looked like all those years ago. 





If you are still reading, thanks for your patience and tolerance with a somewhat self indulgent post.

Anne  xx






14 comments:

  1. Double congratulation Anne, what a super week you've had, wow!!!!
    You look just as wonderful now as the day you married your sweet husband :)
    Enjoy your anniversary
    Lots of love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Self indulgent, never........happy, excited, appreciative most definitely.
    How wonderful to celebrate your 50th and you 25th wedding anniversary with those closest to you Anne.
    Your birthday get together, sounded lovely and your pressies wonderful. The ring is a stunner and the pencils, wow, I know just how you would've felt when you open that present and then a massage voucher as well......definitely spoilt, hehe.....

    The flowers are gorgeous and that lovely Azalea wil be a wonderful reminder of a special time.

    Belated birthday and anniversary wishes to you and your hubby. I was hoping for a wedding pic and it's beautiful too...... 25 years, doesn't time fly.

    Have a wonderful weekend, Rich tells me I am returning home to a cold weekend, 'just perfick

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you should be self indulgent for two special days. Congratulations & happy birthday...enjoy all the pampering x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a self indulgent post at all I don't think - just sharing your celebrations. I'm glad you were spoiled and had a wonderful time for your birthday. Congratulations on the wedding anniversary too - what a lovely ring, and flowers and chocolates too, you have a very lovely husband, I hope Dave is that nice when we've been together as long (he still has a lot to learn, hehe!)

    I have the same problem sometimes with photos the wrong way round and I know how I fix it - I don't want to fill up the comment space and I was going to email you anyway so I'll tell you about it there instead and hopefully it will work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary and birthday. Brilliant pic when I turned my computer on its side! You look just as young as in your last photo.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats and Happy Birthday. I don't think you were over indulgent in the least, especially as it was on account of two special events. Wow. I now know what 72 pencils look like all neatly laid out. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very Happy Birthday and Anniversary to you Anne! Two wonderful celebrations and milestones would make any girl smile as much as you are. Enjoy them with your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely happy post and how loved up you must feel! two very special events need a post like this with all the photos, we all benefit from seeing your happiness, love from Aubrey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on both occasions. Both well worth the celebration. Looks like you had a great time... and love the sparkler !!!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely for Dad and I to share in your party celebrations.Does not seem like 50 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations and Happy Birthday, Anne! Looks like you had a lovely time.
    So beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing your happy moments.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, congratulations on both events. How lovely you are as a bride and now. I'm so glad you were so thoroughly pampered!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Belated Birthday :) Sounds like an amazing day, you must be very loved, such thoughtful gifts - love the pencils and that ring - wow!
    What a pretty bride you were. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.