Thursday 31 January 2013

Lucky find

Tuesday on the way home from the weekly grocery shopping, I drove past a local op shop and something bright hanging on an outside display caught my eye.  From  distance I was fairly certain what is was.  Closer inspection revealed I was correct.  I paid the grand sum of $8.00 for these two blankets and after a soak, good wash and dry on the line, they have come up looking lovely.  Worn but very acceptable.  I couldn't leave them there in the shop knowing how much work had gone into them.



You can never have too many crocheted blankets.

Have a lovely day everyone,

Anne  xx

12 comments:

  1. What a great find and a great price too, wouldn't it be lovely to know their story

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Anne. What wonderful finds you have there. And you can't ever have too many crocheted blankets. Just not possible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. $8.00 bargain of the year so far Anne......

    Glad you've given them a good home where the time and effort put into them is appreciated.
    They make me think of Winter, cosying up by the heater and crocheting.....more blankets......

    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! Both gorgeous.
    It's just so nice to have a good find isn't it!! cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds - glad they have a new home where they will be appreciated!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great finds. I really like the large one. On your other post I've also found bicarb paste to work well on scrubbing up old dishes from the oppy that look warn and marked. Have a great day. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're quite correct there!
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are beautiful and a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done you! You never know what you might happen upon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.