Friday 5 July 2013

First merino quad lambs

Here are the latest photos from my farming brother of his beautiful merino sheep showing the first lamb quads.

"I have become used to seeing triplets on a regular basis in our flock but this is a first. This is going to be one busy mum. These little guys were quite happy to follow her for about 400 metres from the time I noticed them and when I came back with the camera. 
 




These ewes are holding their condition quite well with a supplement of barley in the lick feeder. There is a tiny amount of green pick down amongst the dead grass."


11 comments:

  1. How exciting! What special little babies they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhh - so cute! lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - nature is amazing isn't it. The older I get the more I realise this. However, it makes me also realise how adapatable kangaroos are when they can breed or not depending on the feed conditions. I feel for the sheep with the drought conditions being experienced there at the moment. Hope those sweet wee ones are fine. cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, quads. Never seen that before! The farm looks so dry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She will be busy, hope they all keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ewes are holding on aren't they?

    So dry in the west. We are not as bad as some but definitely need rain ASAP...

    Hope all is ok with you Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute little ones. Hope that dried up ground gets some rain soon!
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute little ones :o) I hope the dried up ground get some rain soon!
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what wobbly legs they have !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness, four little cuties, that really must be unusual!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quads, that's amazing!

    I do hope you get some much needed rain soon...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.