Monday 13 January 2014

Who needs a boring black office chair?

I lashed out and bought myself an office chair for my studio so that I could be comfortable and have good lumbar support when sitting at my work table.  And it's got wheels which is fantastic. The only thing is office chairs usually come in boring black like the one below or bright blue or red.


My solution to a boring office chair is to attempt a slight makeover.





I made a semi fitted cover for the back of the chair and for the seat I sewed strips of fabric together into a square shape and then trimmed the square edges to a roundish shape.  A hem was sewn and then elastic threaded through, pulled tight and sewn.  Hey presto a fairly respectable looking seat cover.  The green fabric with circles was from an op shop as is the bold patterned fabric.  The darker green fabric with the red flowers came from my quilting fabric stash.  I'm really happy with my amateurish attempt at making over my chair.

Somehow Sophie managed to get in the photo above without me noticing probably because just at this point of taking the photo I heard a loud explosion type noise followed by a long drawn out rumble.  We apparently had an earth tremor measuring 2.7, about 10km underground occurring a couple of suburbs away from where we live.  Nothing was damaged, the studio didn't shake or move although Genevieve told me the house did.  Just a bit of excitement for a Monday afternoon.

Anne  xx

10 comments:

  1. Love what you have done with the chair - great idea!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chair looks great. It is all coming together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much better than boring black.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you are "The Queen" of your studio . . . you must have a proper throne . . . one that reflex the artist in you. Great job!
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super makeover and just right for your lovely new studio x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job Anne the colours are lovely......X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful and creative, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, dear Anne!
    Feliz Ano Novo, querida Anne! (in Portuguese)

    ReplyDelete
  9. please can I have a spin on your beautiful chair - what could be better than a chair on wheels x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.