Thursday 11 May 2017

Caravanning

Hello lovely people.  After an absence of some time I thought I'd try blogging again.  So I'll leap right in and share a recent holiday hubby and I took in our little caravan to the south of New South Wales for two weeks.  We are relatively new to caravanning with just a couple of years under our belt so we are still learning but it is so much fun.

Our first stop overnight was in Marlo still within the state of Victoria.  I've never been to Marlo before and I was enchanted by this sleepy little coastal town.  We took a stroll down to the jetty and were entertained by a local seal looking for fish scraps.

The view as we walked down to the jetty.

Marlo jetty.

From the jetty I was able to take some photos of bird life with the zoom lens.

A pelican preening in between looking for breakfast.


Australian pied cormorants sunning themselves.

On the far left is a White faced heron, Ibis and Pelicans.  A few ducks too, of course.  

The local seal was initially hard to photograph but I managed a few photos and was delighted when he/she came right up under the jetty.





We only had one night and morning in this lovely area and we will go back for a longer stay at some point.  On the drive out of Marlo we drove past the Snowy River and a lovely estuary which was stunningly beautiful and full of bird life.  I believe there is a board walk along side the estuary and that will certainly be on the agenda next time we visit.

Overlooking the estuary with the ocean beyond.

A seagull hopefully waiting for the ibis to bring a tasty morsel to the surface.

Ibis

White faced heron.




Chestnut teals.



There is something quite beautiful about an Australian country road and this one was opposite the estuary.




My next post will be about the next stage of our holiday.  Thanks for reading after my long absence.

Anne xx


5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are back. Looks like a nice holiday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anne, I am so pleased to see you here again, I have missed your posts! You saw a good range of birds during your brief visit and what a treat to see the seal so close too.

    Life has been really busy for me lately but I've not forgotten your email - I'm saving my reply for next week as I'm hoping to have a little good news to share with you then... I'll be in touch soon :)

    Looking forward to seeing more of your caravanning adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to hear from you Anne. I was just wondering how you were the other day.
    Looks like a great area to visit and I love your bird and seal pics.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anne great to see you back, I guess a lot of us have been missing our blogs and decided to dive back in :)
    Im loving your trip, looks wonderful, enjoy your lovely camper van and use it till it falls apart
    Love Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back to blogland! Lucky you, having a caravan and time for touring. We've been busy over winter and haven't used our camper since Easter time this year. Marlo looks like a beautiful spot. I think pelicans are my favourite water bird, I love watching them fly in formation (there are usually squadrons flying over the Coorong) as we head to and from Adelaide.

    Cheers - Joolz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.