Sunday 1 October 2017

Mirabella, Elfrida and Dolly

About a month ago we welcomed three new ladies into our family, I named Mirabella, Elfrida and Dolly.  These ladies came to us mottled, scraggly and confused, their former life of one year having been spent in a large egg laying facility.  I'm very pleased to say that after a month of nurturing, good food, free ranging on grass, insects and scraps, our ladies are near to having all their feathers again, have learnt how to perch, flap their wings, scratch in the soil, peck for insects and bugs, how to have a dust bath and have enjoyed laying eggs in a bed of straw.  While egg production is sporadic for now, I think they are entitled to have a little bit of a rest from egg laying duties.



One of the less exciting things to have happened this September is a month of being unwell.  Every test under the sun has revealed nothing to substantiate a reason for extreme fatigue and weakness.  While I'm grateful that nothing serious seems to be going on, I'm frustrated I can't address anything to improve my well being and there is a big garden waiting outside crying for my attention.  

Despite ill health, time continues to move along.  I've had another birthday and hubby and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary in the month of September.  We were able to enjoy a lovely lunch to celebrate the occasion and went for a lovely drive to take in views over Port Phillip Bay.



The heads where Port Phillip Bay meets Bass Strait. 

As we were returning home, driving along a highway we saw these beautiful
 trees in blossom and with the clouds behind made for an impressive display of nature.



On Sunday hubby and I are heading off for a weeks holiday in Cairns to extend our 30th anniversary celebration a little longer.  We hope to see the Great Barrier Reef and if I'm up to it, try snorkeling for the first time to see the coral and tropical finish with my own eyes.  Some warm weather will be most welcome after a cold Melbourne winter.

Anne xx

6 comments:

  1. It's so lovely how you have nurtured the three ladies back to health & happiness!! I'm sure given time they will reward you with many yummy eggs! I'm really sorry Anne to hear your feeling sluggish and don't quite know why. Hopefully your trip will be the magical cure! Have a wonderful time!!!
    Anna xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful collection of photos. So glad those three hens have a lovely new home with you. Congratulations on your 30th anniversary too - I do hope you will be able to go snorkelling. Sorry to hear you've been unwell, great news it's nothing serious but how frustrating to not know what's causing it or how to feel better. I hope things improve soon.

    We are still really busy at work and working on the house! Had hoped to move around the end of October but will be lucky to move in by Christmas at the rate we're going! Still so much to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just came over from Deb’s blog because your comment was so profound. All that you said hit home. The whole church thing and never having a choice. I got married at 20 because that is what good Christian girls do. I have since divorced. But mostly the feelings of worthlessness. No matter how hard I tired to be pleasing in God’s eyes, my righteousness was as filthy rags. I am now 46 and battle (at times severe) depression and anxiety. A lot of it has to do with the feeling that I am likely going to Hell and will burn for eternity, separated from God’s love because I no longer live a godly life. There is nothing anyone can say to convince me otherwise because the bible is pretty clear that I am flawed and sinful.
    Anwyay. I think I just needed to write to someone who might understand. Thank you. I know this is too much information for a total stranger to write out on somone’s blog. Most of the time I am almost normal. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really likes your blog! You have shared the whole concept really well and very beautifully soulful read!
    Thanks for sharing
    ลาลีกา

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you need a loan? If yes! Contact Fifo Capitals and Mortgages Limited ® for small and large loans amount. We give out loan at 2% interest rate. Contact us today via E-mail at:.(fifocapitals@gmail.com) We also give out from. £5 thousand Pounds to 100 million Pounds for individuals and companies, the credit is open to all regardless of nationality....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.