Sunday 1 August 2010

For the love of white hair

Pets, we love and adore them, right? They give us companionship, unconditional love and joy. They also give us HAIR!!!! Our family lives with two large adorable cats and one stubborn Labrador who all have white hair. White hair loves everything, chairs, floors, clothes (especially black clothes), socks, books and yes every surface in the house. White hair lovingly blends with dust under cupboards, beds, chairs and has a major love affair with any carpet or mat.


Fortunately I own a lint remover thingy which loves white hair. Rubber gloves (thick durable ones), are also attracted to white hair. Cleaning day will find me vigorously rubbing the gloves over the sofa in a desperate bid to gather up all the hair I can see. Sometimes I’m working so furiously (there’s lots of hair), I suffer rubber glove sofa burn, a bit like carpet burn but on my hands.  And thank goodness for vacuum cleaners, I don’t know where I would be without mine as it happily sucks up all the white stuff I can feed it. DH has often pondered how many cushions and pillows we could have stuffed over the years with the amount of hair we have had to dispose of.

So the big question is, are white haired pets really worth the effort? Yes, they are. Who can resist a purring cat curled on your lap on a cold winter’s day? Who can resist a cat that winds around your legs, even if it’s only because you are trimming the fat off the evening meal’s meat? Who can resist a cat that dips his paw into an empty tin of baked beans so he can lick the sauce off his paw? Who can resist a dog that adores you even if they've just been in big trouble for upending your prized pot plant? Who can resist a dog that is always happy to see you even if you have only taken a two minute loo break? Pets, they make me happy!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Anne,
    Ah yes, I know just how hard it is to keep dark clothes nice with white-haired pets in the house! Gets all through the car too, and some finds its way on to my chair at work!
    Cheers, DB

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.