Wednesday 11 August 2010

Something different

As it is raining again I've gone back into hibernation which means looking for something interesting and creative to do inside.  I should really be continuing with the crochet learning but I fancied doing something else...., like this.


What is this?  Well it's an attempt at embroidery and a butterfly applique (quite bad I'll admit) on a scrap of fabric from a curtain sample.  I had no idea at the time what I was going to do with the finished work and then a little seed was planted in my mind by this book I brought home from the library "Very Easy Crazy Patchwork" by Betty Barnden




Now I quite like the look of this



and this.

This caught my eye too.

Then I had a look at some more fabric I've got at the back of the cupboard and laid it out on the table to see if there might be some possibilities.  What do you think?  I think there is room for some more colours.


There might just be a crazy quilt in there somewhere with a little bit of embroidery and applique as well.  I'm off to look at the next little scrap of fabric from the curtain sample.  I think this is going to be an interesting journey of creativity, discovery and craziness.  Just my style!

Have a great day,

Anne  :-)













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.