Friday, 8 July 2011

Unexpected early return home

Hello everyone.  I've returned home earlier than expected from my visit to Western Australia as Thursday I received a phone call that hubby was in hospital.  He had collapsed at work and as the paramedics weren't quite sure what was wrong, they took him to emergency at an inner city hospital not far from his work.  After undergoing a number of tests he has been declared well and healthy,  THANKFULLY.   Being over 2500km away from your hubby when he's been taken to hospital and is normally in extremely good health, is very frightening and worrying.

Fortunately I was able to get a flight out of Perth today.  Thank you to my very supportive (elderly) parents who were up at 4.30a.m. to make a special  5 - 6 hour round car trip to get me to the airport this morning.  I love you Dad and Mum.  Thanks also to my brother-in-law who picked me up from the airport and battled yucky peak hour traffic to get me to the hospital this evening and for bringing hubby and me home tonight.  The girls were very glad to see their dad home safe and sound from hospital and their mum to hold the fort while dad rests up for a bit.  All's well that ends well.

Normal blog service resuming soon with photos of my shortened time away.

Anne  xx


  1. Really sorry to hear that Anne, what a fright you must have had!!


    S x

  2. Thank goodness he's ok!! Hope you weren't too disappointed to leave xo

  3. Glad to hear he is OK, and sorry you had to end your vacation so soon. I think he just missed you too much, and it made him pass out to get you to come home early ;D

  4. Anne, I am so glad your husband is healthy!
    All's well that ends well!
    (((Many hugs)))

  5. What a scare and in the middle of your time at home too :( Glad everything is ok now though. Hope you enjoy your weekend.

  6. So glad everything is OK.
    Love from Mum

  7. Oh Anne, what a distressing phone call it must've been to receive that news.

    Good on the family for pulling together and getting you and hubby home safe and sound. I can imagine how pleased the girls were to see you both home.

    It's a shame your holiday had to end on such a dramatic note, no one ever wants to receive those sort of phone calls.

    I hope all is well now and he can rest up at home.

    it's cold, damp and foggy here today, I imagine you have much the same in the Dandenongs.

    Claire :}

  8. OMG!
    What was he thinking?
    Collapsing like that?
    Crazy bugger.

    Phew - everything ok.
    It must have been hell sitting on that flight home for 4ish hours.
    Everyone - deep breath.

  9. Thank God he is ok, what a scare, will be praying that you all recover well & get back to normality real fast
    Karen x

  10. You poor thing Anne, that would have given you quite the scare. Luckily all's well, but I'm sure you feel better being back home again under the circumstances. Pity you had to cut the trip short - looking forward to the photos. cheers Wendy

  11. Best wishes - what a horrid shock. Hope all is going well now. x


Thank you for leaving a comment.