Monday, 26 January 2015

Easy Apple Slice

The following recipe was posted on FB (source http://gggiraffe.blogspot.com.au
and it was so easy I decided to make it.  Who doesn't love an easy bake recipe.  So here it is.

APPLE SLICE

2 cups self raising flour
1 cup of sugar (I used just over 3/4 cup)
3 apples, peeled, cored and diced, 1 cm, (I used 4 small Granny Smith apples)
125g butter, melted
1 egg
(I added a little cinnamon, about 1 teaspoon)

Toss apples with self raising flour and sugar in a medium mixing bowl.

Melt butter in a small saucepan on the stove top or in a small bowl in the microwave.  Stir in egg.

Pour butter and egg into the apple mixture and mix until combined.

Spoon into a greased and lined slice tin.  (I used a 30 x 25cm tin).

Bake at 180C for 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.  Keeps for about 3 days.



I made this for a dessert served it with cream, ice cream or both.  Happy baking.


Anne xx

8 comments:

Meg said...

YAY....I'm just reading your post as I'm trying to work out what to cook as an easy dessert...thanks Anne xxxx

Helsie said...

Thanks Anne, it looks great and I have a few apples I need to do something with! I have guests coming in a while, do you think it would freeze OK ?

Rustic Vintage Country said...

Well, that looks absolutely scrumptious! Suzy xo

Kar said...

Looks absolutely delish!!!

Tania @ Out Back said...

Oh yum Anne! I have spare apples in my fridge, thank you for giving me an idea for using them up :)

xTania

freefalling said...

Well....that looks a bit of alright!
I could really go for some right about now.

wendy duchess_declutter said...

Yum Anne - I'm keeping that recipe! cheers Wendy

gilly said...

That looks delicious... and smothered in yummy hot custard would be my choice!
Thanks for sharing the recipe too,
xx